I happened to see this episode where the lady showed the easiest way to make a healthy rotti. Best part was there was no fight with the rotti to get into our plates ;). Decided to experiment it for our bfast today and it was a hit! Here's what I did for Rave rotti.
Preparation time : 10 min Cooking time : 30 min Makes about 4 Rottis
Fine Semolina or Chiroti Rave - 1 Pavu or Cup (Pavu is a measurement we use in kananda)
Onions finely chopped - 1
Carrot grated - 1
Green Chillies finely chopped - 3 or 4
Curry leaves chopped few sticks
Coriander Leaves finely chopped - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil about 1/2 cup
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl or thali with water to form a soft but firm dough. Add water little by little so that the mixture doesnt get runny.
- Let this sit aside for about 10 minutes so that its soaked well.
- Then spread a teaspoon of Oil on a non stick griddle pat a big ball sized (maybe an orange size) portion uniformly on the griddle.
- Keep this on the flame and cook on medium heat. Once you see the change in colour and slightly cooked spread some more Oil on the Rotti and flip over.
- Cook until slightly brown in colour and well cooked.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice or just ketchup.
Have a funtastic weekend :)!!