Saturday Night is here…….Get into the spirit of the season and spoil your senses with sun – fresh scents of summer – fun filled activities and ofcourse not to forget rich treats filled with ice creams and tray bakes :)!
I was fascinated with UK TV Food and so decided to try out Very berry chocolate tray bake – It was a dish with ‘Wow’ factor. You’ll need a little of this gorgeous rich treat for dessert, but you will be in heaven!
Well….lastly it is calorific and if you’re not a huge fan of chocolate then it might not be the right choice – Go on forget the cals, it’s the weekend!!!
All you need to make Very Berry chocolate tray bake is :
175g self - raising flour
1/2tsp baking powder
175g caster sugar
175g butter, at room temp
3 organic free-range eggs, beaten
2-3 tbsp milk
100g white chocolate, cut into chunks
150g raspberries, defrosted if frozen
2 tbsp cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate, cut into chunks
Makes around 9-10 generous pieces
- Heat oven to 180 degree centigrade. Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin ( the baking parchment should come up above the tin).
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a bowl, and stir in caster sugar.
Add butter and eggs, and beat together using an electric whisk until the mix is light and falls from the beaters. Here you may add 2-3tbspn of milk to get the right consistency.
- Spoon half the mix into another bowl and add the white chocolate and 100g of berries; mix until the berries begin to break, then set aside.
- Sift the cocoa powder into the remaining plain mixture, then fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the mixtures into the prepared tin, alternating colours.
- Drag a fork or skewer through the mix to marble the colours, scatter over the remaining berries and lightly press into the mix.
- Bake for 30mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean (depends on individual oven so best to be checked with a skewer or a knife)
- Leave to cool slightly, remove from the tin and slice into portions.
Very Berry Chocolate Tray Bake is ready to be servedServing Suggestions: Serve warm with whipped cream.