Well...this time I made a perfect treat for my Valentine, a heart shaped dessert with cream & strawberries sandwiched and topped with chocolaty sugar Ummmmm yum yum!
Jus-rol puff pastry sheet – 1
Beaten egg to glaze
Castor sugar for sprinkling
Crème fraiche – 8 to 10 tbspn (you can add according to your choice both crème and strawberries)
Fresh strawberries – 100g
Plain chocolate melted – ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 220deg.
- Thaw the pastry sheet according to the instructions on the box. Unroll pastry sheet and cut around 8 hearts with a heart shaped cookie cutter. (i used medium sized cutter of a set of 3)
- Prick each heart with a fork, brush with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with some sugar.
- Place these hearts on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 10min until risen and golden brown in colour. Let it cool.
- Slice the strawberries and split the heart horizontally using a sharp knife.
- Sandwich the heart together with crème fraiche and sliced strawberries. Drizzle the chocolate and dust some castor sugar over the tops of the heart.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!