V-day is always exciting to party with lots of yummy dishes and memorable presents from loved ones – well...that’s the way I adore my dear ones:)!
Valentine symbols, cupid- roses- hearts- love birds-love knots are quite famous even to this day and are made so attractive that it’s hard to take away one’s eye from them. But I wonder why cupid was chosen as an icon of Valentine’s Day – Because when I think about romance, a short chubby toddler coming to me with a weapon in his hand would be the last thing that comes on my mind LOL......too ingenious isn’t it ;)...Hmmm anyways....
Well...this time I made a perfect treat for my Valentine, a heart shaped dessert with cream & strawberries sandwiched and topped with chocolaty sugar Ummmmm yum yum!
And a sweet addition for our V-day gifts this time was a red colour heart decorated with lots and lots of glitters was the best from our little valentine -Yep my 28months old toddler came up with this charming heart with the help of his teachers at school, really amazed at those little hands ability:), take a look at it -
Here goes the recipe....
Jus-rol puff pastry sheet – 1
Beaten egg to glaze
Castor sugar for sprinkling
Crème fraiche – 8 to 10 tbspn (you can add according to your choice both crème and strawberries)
Fresh strawberries – 100g
Plain chocolate melted – ½ cup
Make your day with this gorgeous Valentines Hearts with few fresh strawberries :)!!!
- Preheat oven to 220deg.
- Thaw the pastry sheet according to the instructions on the box. Unroll pastry sheet and cut around 8 hearts with a heart shaped cookie cutter. (i used medium sized cutter of a set of 3)
- Prick each heart with a fork, brush with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with some sugar.
- Place these hearts on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 10min until risen and golden brown in colour. Let it cool.
- Slice the strawberries and split the heart horizontally using a sharp knife.
- Sandwich the heart together with crème fraiche and sliced strawberries. Drizzle the chocolate and dust some castor sugar over the tops of the heart.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!