A bowl of cereals with hot milk + your favourite fruit and nut - I think its the best way to start a day. But sometimes it just gets too monotonous seeing the same stuff. Perhaps Oats are called super food because they suit our needs easily- be it a quick fix or an evening snack or even for supper! They are our favourite for this season :). So we went ahead trying something new for a snack which is loaded with fibre and essential nutrients too! The fact of loosing weight nullify the guilt while eating this treat!
Rolled Oats - 1 Cup
Pitted dates - 1 Cup
Honey - 1 Tbsp
Cocoa powder / Chocolate chips - a handful
- Roast Oats on a medium flame till crispy. Make sure this does not get burnt so keep stirring continuously.
- Once cooled grind this into a powder in a food processor or a mixie.
- Next to this add the pitted dates, honey and chocolate chips and grind till all the ingredients are mixed well. Transfer this into a bowl.
- Take a handful of the mixture and shape it into a ball. Repeat this until all the mixture is finished.
- Oats unde or Oats ball is ready to be served as a healthy treat!