Anyways the snowy weekend made me try these 2 new recipes and it was a major hit!!! Loved the flavour of toasted khara bread with hot coffee ;).
I made the Khara Bread in my Bread Machine. Please follow the instructions to set time etc as per your manual.
Preparation time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 3 hours Makes : 1 Loaf
Salt - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Egg - 1
Butter - 20g
Milk - 280ml
Strong white flour - 400g
Dry yeast - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves finely chopped - 1/2 Cup
Coriander leaves finely chopped - 1 Cup
Onions thinly sliced - 1 big
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Green chilli finely chopped or paste - 3 (adjust according to your spice levels)
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Cumin seeds and curry leaves. Fry for a second.
- Then add the Green Chillies, Onions and Pepper Powder.
- Fry until the Onions turn pink. Keep this aside to add them to the dough later.
- Now in your bread machine bowl, add the Yeast and the Flour. (make sure yeast first and then flour on the top)
- Then add Sugar, Salt and Butter.
- Whisk the Egg and add this along with the Milk to the bowl.
- Then set the time according to your machine instructions.
- Our Bread machine starts mixing and kneading the ingredients. After 30 minutes of the bread machine running, add the above sauted masala and let it further bake.
- Our bread machine kneads, rests and bakes the bread. It takes 3hrs for the total process.
- And here comes the delicious hot hot Khara Bread!!!!!!
Have a lovely day :)