To add this Vegetable burger also was a random pick during the week, when we got a surprise call that our little master’s seat was confirmed in 1 of the best schools here (am sure pple who have experienced in getting admission to schools realize how we feel about our victory). It was time to treat the lil one & of course ourselves too ;)
Pizza, burger, ice creams, chocolates r few of his desired items. As always I was keen on giving him a healthy supper rather than a chocolate filled pudding.
I had a clever idea to make sure nothing gets wasted so decided to make Veg burger – this has good nourishment & also satisfying too. It isn’t difficult at all. Infact we prefer homemade burgers as they are customized ;).
Just follow the simple steps and fail-safe tips, you will master in no time. Thus we felt sometimes spur-of-the moment decisions makes us feel light rather than having everything mapped out.
Treat your little ones too with this versatile dish.
Boiled and peeled potato – 1
Boiled and peeled sweet potato –1 (I used this keeping my son in mind, as this wud make it a bit sweet and also healthy)
Capsicum finely chopped – ½
Onions finely chopped – 1
Carrot grated –1
Sweet corn – ½ cup
Ginger grated – 1inch
Green chillies –2
Oil – 2tbspn
Amchoor powder/ dry mango powder – 1tspn
Salt to taste
Bread crumps – ½ cup
Salad – Shredded Iceberg lettuce & peppers, Sliced tomatoes & onions, pickled gherkins
- Heat oil in a pan. Add green chilles, ginger and sauté the onions.
- Next add capsicum, sweet corn and fry for sometime.
- Then add carrot, salt and mix well.
- Lateron mix boiled potatoes, amchoor powder with rest of the ingredients.Take off the heat and let it cool.
- Next add the bread crumps with the above and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6, then using wet hands shape into burgers/patties.
- Heat a non-stick skillet; place the burgers for 5mins on each side, until golden and crisp. You can brush them with slight oil.
- Meanwhile, warm or toast the buns.
- When the burgers are ready, spread each bun with some of the salad and top with the patties, ketchup and mayonnaise. You could also finish with a drizzle of green chutney or chili sauce.
It was quite impressive for our family, hope it works with you all too!
Happy cooking J
Variations: You could also add green peas, finely chopped green beans or any veg finely chopped for the patties, any masalas that you like. Sauces can also be altered to your choice like English mustard or Mexican salsa etc