One of the delights of this time of the year is the range of fresh fruits and vegetables – bursting with flavour, colour and goodness. So we decided to make the most of British-grown produce with some of the inspirational recipes!
Here goes our experimentation with no-churn ice cream and it was fantastic as it looks and a perfect treat for a hot summer day!
This dish is really quick-easy and no-cook…U don’t require any domestic goddess skills either –But yes just hungry kids (Oh & men!) ;)
Recipe for strawberry ice cream
225g of strawberries
140g golden caster sugar
100ml dessert wine (if you want to have a boozy feeling you could add 200ml)
500ml tub crème fraiche
- Scatter two-thirds of the strawberries into a shallow dish. Sprinkle with 50g of the sugar and the wine, and then leave the fruit to macerate while you whisk the crème fraiche.
- Pour the rest of the sugar and crème fraiche into a bowl and whisk until thick.
- Use a spatula to fold the strawberries and wine into the cream.
- Spoon into a rigid container and freeze for at least 4hrs or until scoopable.
- Serve in chilled bowls scattered with the remaining strawberries.
This couldn’t be simpler :) - no machine, no churning at all…
Their season maybe short so linger over them now while they are at their best – Enjoyyyyyyy!