The vacation is over and we are back to work, school again, with a demanding routine in place. But still I don’t stop myself from trying the varieties. What’s life without potpourri :)!
Suddenly it was decided to have a potluck at our place and didn’t have much stuff to prepare something interesting. As am quite particular when it comes to cooking and serving didn’t want to just getaway here. Now I wanted an easy-quick-tasty recipe to be the output with the bare minimum inputs :d. So I grabbed my apron & got cooking….tried a dish with some peppers, onions and tomatoes and named it as Open Sandwich :). It became a hit – kids just luv them as they called it Bread Pizza ;) and now it’s one of our accepted Dinner item.
Here goes the recipe for Open Sandwich.
Chopped Bell Peppers (Green, Red, Yellow, Orange) – ½ of each
Chopped Tomatoes – 1
Chopped Onions – 1
Oregano – 1TbSpoon
Frozen sweet corn kernels– ½ to 1cup
Crustless White Bread – 8 Slices
Tomato Sauce with herbs OR any other tomato ketchup
Discovery mozzarella Cheese slices OR mozzarella grated cheese
- Preheat oven at the highest and then reduce it to 180deg FAN BAKE
- Mix peppers, tomatoes, onions and oregano in a bowl
- Place 6 slices of bread on a baking sheet
- Apply 1-2 tbspn of tomato sauce on the bread slices with a butter knife
- Spread the vegetable mixture evenly over the sauce. Add some sweet corn kernels over the veggie mixture to make it more colourful
- Place a cheese slice over this and its ready to go into the oven.
Remember the Oven is Hot Hot Hot.....
Let it cook till the cheese melts or golden brown
Note: You could also add finely chopped green chilies/jalapenos into the Veg mixture provided you are not giving the slices to kids, as it will become spicy for some of the kids to handle.