I was lucky to have Mr.Surya yday almost the whole day as my guest ofcourse ;). Kitchen was sparkling and gleaming and attracted me in :). To my surprise the lazy lady vanished and here comes the culinary queen ;);). The Sunlight feels so good and welcoming - it energises you to accomplish anything you want, believe me! I guess that's the reason facing east is considered good for promising deeds. So I was in a maha mood to spice up our meal. I tried 2-3 dishes and turned out presentable! Here comes my first try out...
Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
Serves - 4 to 6 Preparation time - 10min Cooking time - 1 hour
For the Napoli Sauce
Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
Tomatoes chopped - 400 gms
Carrot grated - 1
Parsley chopped few
Celery stick chopped - 1/2
Basil Leaves handful chopped
Garlic clove crushed - 1
For the filling
Spinach chopped and cooked - 500 gms
Ricotta - 300 gms
Egg beaten - 1
Parmesan grated - 2 Tbsp
- Firstly heat Oven to 190C. Heat the Oil in a pan, add the Garlic, Carrot, Parsley, Celery and fry till golden brown.
- Then add the Tomatoes and Basil. Add half cup of Water and mix well. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- For the filling, mix the Spinach and Ricotta with the Egg and Parmesan.
- Spoon this mixture into the Cannelloni tubes and place in the buttered baking try.
- Then add a layer of Napoli Sauce on the top and bake for about 30 - 40 minutes.
- Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni is ready to be attacked!!!
Wishing you all lots of Sunshine and warmth :)