Here's how we made our Train Cake.
Train shaped Non stick baking tray - 1
Self Raising Flour - 225g
Unsalted Butter at room temperature - 225g
Caster Sugar - 225g
Eggs - 4
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
What you have to do is
- Pre heat the Oven to 170C.
- Grease the Train Cake baking tray with Butter and then dust it with Flour.
- Place the Caster Sugar and Butter into a bowl. Mix together with a an electric blender until it is creamy consistency.
- Beat the Eggs in a bowl and then add this to the creamed Butter and Sugar. Continue mixing well.
- Now fold in the Flour carefully with a spoon. Add the Vanilla essence and mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into the Train Cake baking tray, fill only half the carriage ( the mixture will raise in the Oven)
- Place in the centre of the Oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- To check if the Cake is done, insert a skewer into the centre of each Cake then remove. If the skewer comes out clean then the Cake is cooked.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack. Cake is ready for decorating.
Here I have used :
Smarties for the cargo
White Buttons for the steam
Writing Icing tubes for emphasising on the detail
Fruit Leather for tracks
Mixed sweeties for wheels
The fun is making your own which gives immense satisfaction for parents and above all when kids love it - it becomes a super hit!!!