You can also make this with Babycorn, Paneer or any firm vegetable of your choice.
Here's what I did to make these tasty fritters -
Cauliflower cut into florets - 1
Maida - 3/4 Cup
Corn Flour - 1 Tbsp
Salt to taste
Green Chillies finely chopped - 1
Ginger grated - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Garlic grated - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Onions finely chopped - 1 Cup
Coriander Leaves or Spring Onions finely chopped for garnishing
Ajinomoto - 1/4 tsp
Soya Sauce - 2 Tbsp
Tomato Ketchup - 3 Tbsp ( i use the chilli one, u cud choose according to your spice levels)
Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Boil Cauliflower florets in Water for about 5 minutes. Take care not to cook too much as it might become mushy. Drain the Water and keep the florets aside.
- Place the Maida, Cornflour and Salt in a bowl and mix well using Water.
- Add a teaspoon of Ginger and Garlic to the above paste and mix well.
- Dip the Cauliflower florets in this paste and deep fry them till golden brown and keep it aside.
- Heat Oil in another pan, add the remaining Ginger-Garlic paste, Green Chillies and Onions and fry for sometime.
- Then add Ajinomoto, Soya sauce, Tomato sauce and mix well.
- Add the fried Cauliflowers and mix well until coated.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves or Spring Onions and serve hot!
Happy Winter Cooking!!!