Friday, January 15, 2010

Celebrations!!!

1 year ago I posted my first entry on this blog....time just flies I just can’t believe that it’s been 1 year now that abhi-ruchi has been a part of our life:)!

My desire to collect good recipes and share it with friends was actually started off as a hobby but within few days with all your encouraging comments it became a serious affair for me :D. I started doing things quite competently. During this time, I met many wonderful foodies, learnt a lot of new stuff and certainly improved my cooking skills. And as well, have found a new love – photography ;).

On this occasion I would like to appreciate my friend S for stimulating my brain. Thanks to all of them who read and comment regularly, they mean a lot to me. Thanks to my mom and MIL for all those traditional recipes and last but not the least special thanks to my DH for being with me through all my experimentation & execution:).

To celebrate this lovely day, I made a south indian sweet dish – Kobbari mithai or coconut barfi.
Here’s the recipe for Kobbari Mithai

Ingredients

Makes around 15pieces
Freshly grated coconut – 2 cups
Sugar – 2 cups
Elachi– 3 crushed
Milk – ¼ cup
Ghee– 2 tsp

Method

  • Mix freshly grated coconut and sugar in a large bowl and let it sit for 20-30min. Meanwhile grease a plate and keep it aside.
  • Transfer the coco-sugar mixture into a pan, add milk and bring it to boil on medium flame. Make sure you stir it continuously so that it doesn’t catch the bottom.
  • You need to do this until all the sugar is melted and the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan. Next add the elachi powder and mix well.
  • Transfer the mixture immediately to the greased plate and spread evenly quickly. Let it cool for a min or two and then with the help of a knife cut into desired shape, garnish with dry fruits. Kobbari mithai can be stored in air tight containers for upto 10days

All in all I feel recipe writing is a skilled task and theres no bigger reward than the thought that something I have written is being enjoyed by others in the same spirit as I write!!!

Thanks for visiting and making this year fantastic for me!


10 comments:

  1. congrats on your first blog anniversary..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats dear....this looks so yummy and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kobbari mitai..thumba swaadishta vaagide..... Totally yummy... Perfect in its make & look...prepared, presented & captured it well.... Festive in every way...

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy kobbari mithai....I just love them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary, Rashmi! May you have many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the anniversary!..wishes for many more to come..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you many more blogging years :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Congrats on completing one yr:) Keep up the great work:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sowmya
    Thanks Tina, glad u liked it.
    Wow thanks AshKuku for all your appreciation!
    Nicce to know that its your favourite Venu :)
    Vani, Srivalli, LG and Archana - Hey thanks a lot for all your good wishes :)!!!
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey...........it luks yummy.............one sugggestion - it would be gr8 idea if u could mention the calories too....us hisaab se khaayenge...hahha

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin