If you search I hate Pizza, you will be hard-pressed to find anyone who actually hates pizza – even my 21months old brat lovesssssssssssssss pissssssssssssssaaaaaaaa (that’s how he calls it). During our last vacation in June, every dinner you ask him ‘Yen tinnoNa iga naavu’? (Means what shall we have now?) he used to say pissssssssssssaaaa with the unaltered passion towards it J. He happily uses his tigger fork to finish his Green peas topped Margherita, dancing and singing and giving countless hugs and kisses to mama the day she make him a pissssssssaaaaa - so is the power of Pizza :)! I really sometimes feel saaru anna – mosaru anna (rasam rice and curd rice) also had the look and feel of a Pisssssaaa :-p
Well, yesterday we made Supreme Veggie Pizza with a freshly made base. I am not sure if baking the base @ home is common; we always have made this way and enjoyed the thin crust pizzas. The advantages of making a pizza at home is – the base used here is wheat flour, veggies can be added according to our personal preferences and also the availability in that particular region. You could also have a hold on the fat content and enjoy the pizzaaa. Traditionally the base of the pizza is plain, but it can be seasoned with garlic, herbs or even stuffed with cheese.
We concluded that it was a Restaurant quality & budget price. Ahhh…the pleasure of cooking a menu that’s as good as a meal out and satisfyingly cheaper too. The secret of success is Triple tested recipes, a foolproof time plan and the best ingredients.
So why not make your own delicious pizza with this easy to use mix? I suspect it’ll become a firm favorite with you too!
Here goes the procedure to make your own Pizza
Pizza Base Mix – 1Pkt (I use the 1 that we get in morrisons)
Green Peppers chopped – 1
Red Peppers chopped – ½
Tomatoes chopped – 1
Onions chopped – 1
Green chillies finely chopped – 1
Babycorn slit lengthwise – 4 to 5
Jalapenos as per taste (u can add more if u want to have a spicy pizza)
Handful of sweetcorn kernels
Tomato sauce with herbs (I use napolina sauce)
- Empty one sachet of pizza base mix into a bowl. Add 100ml of lukewarm water, mix to a smooth dough.
- Knead for 5min on a floured surface. Roll dough out into a circle of about 10inch diameter & carefully place it on a baking tray for an Italian style pizza or a greased 8inch cake tin for a deep pan pizza.
- Leave in a warm place for 15minutes or until well risen.
- Mix all the vegetables in a bowl.
- Spread the sauce generously on the base and sprinkle some grated cheese.
Add the toppings & cover it up with some more cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 200deg centigrade and carefully slide the pizza base onto the stone and bake for about 15-20min or till cheese melts and turns into golden brownish in colour.
Have a colourful weekend!!!