Back to school and rushing mornings - I think this is a common scene in most of our homes pheww...I really wonder how our elders used to make an elaborate breakfast unlike our cereals / bread toast / fruits (of course we believe in healthy eating now ;)) and lunch in the mornings along with making us ready - do u guys remember if we as kids were so picky, slow, throw tantrums, moody and what were your parents reactions then?( remember not now :-p).........Now that we are parents we tend to behave like 'Super Mom & Dad'.
Is this a natural behaviour or a passing phase for parents?
Here's a quick lunchbox solution from me - nutritiously delicious ;)! Let alone the little one it was irresistible for us too :). Give it a try and see if it works with your family :)
Makes : 4 - 5 Preparation time : 10 min Cooking time : 30 min
Potatoes par boiled and peeled - 1
Spring Onions finely chopped - About 1/4 Cup
Fenugreek Leaves or Menthya Soppu finely chopped - A handful
Green Chillies finely chopped - 1 (optional)
Cumin Seeds Powder - 1 tsp
Amchur Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Grate the boiled Potato in a thali.
- To this add Onions, Green Chillies, Fenugreek Leaves, Cumin Seeds Powder, Amchur Powder and Salt.
- Mix well using your hands so that all the ingredients blends well and knead it to a smooth ball.
- Now heat a non stick pan on a medium heat, spread some Butter on it.
- Take a handful of the Potato mixture and pat it thick on the Pan like a pancake.
- Spread some Butter on the top layer of the pancake.
- Flip this several times and cook on low heat till both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Aloo - Methi ki Roti is ready to be served with ketchup for kids!This is non messy and tastes equally good when cools down as well - so added this to my lunchbox list!